Wednesday, January 12, 2011

John Legend & The Roots "Shine" (Ahmed Sirour Remix)

Grammy award winning artist John Legend & The Roots teamed up last year & released one of the most talked about albums of the year. Gearing up for their next Grammy ride, they put together a remix contest for their song "Shine". The winner of the contest receives $1,000 & of course, the ultimate in exposure. I heard a few of the submissions on the contest page & I must admit that the Ahmed Sirour remix really stood out the most for me. Some may think that this opinion is biased seeing that I featured Ahmed's remix for Yahzarah on the blog, but I assure you me being familiar with his previous work didn't influence my opinion that much. I simply love how he really kept the integrity of the original & expanded it with a great lush orchestral soundscape of string arrangements & fresh new basslines & chords progression all played live. Many think that remixing means you take a song & turn it into a dance tune or into a different genre. This remix PROVES different. Check it out below. Voting for the contest takes place on Friday, January 14th. If you are feeling this mix as I am, PLEASE VOTE FOR IT HERE!!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Duane, greetings from Espana. Thanks for putting me on to this. One of best things I've heard this year. Did a post myself about it. Tracked you down on Facebook too. A very fine blog here mi amigo, very fine! Saludos. TP

    ReplyDelete